All the SISGEO digital sensors (IPIs, Tilt-meters, RDSs, H-Level etc..) use the serial RS-485 communication protocol.
- The maximum number of digital sensors in a RS-485 network are 250 (theoretical)
- The maximum number of digital sensors chains that is possible to connect to Modbus master unit (as OMNIAlog or miniOMNIAlog) are 4.
- About the maximum distance (with digital sensors configured in "Always On") :
- a. max. 250m (in one chain) from the 1st digital sensor to the last sensor (physical cable length) and:
- 50 digital sensors for Tiltmeters and H-Level
- 70 digital sensors for RDS, BH-Profile and IPI
- b. max. 1000m from the 1st digital sensor to Modbus master unit (as OMNIAlog or miniOMNIAlog) with a suitable cable size (i.e. cable 0WE606IPDZH)
NOTE: The sum of 3A and 3B lengths can’t exceed 1000m. The compliance of points 3A and 3B, avoids the excessive voltage drop on the RS-485 line and guarantees the correct RS-485 network operation